Question

After Power outage, internet connection drops intermittently on SB8200

• 17 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

We had a brief power outage to our home over night. When trying to connect to the internet in the morning, we had no connection, or intermittent connections. I rebooted the SP8200 and also did a reset. I contacted our provider, Breezeline, who said there were no outages in the area. They trying to reset the connect from their end twice. The connection would come back briefly and then fail. 

Finally the provider eventually said that it was the modem, and that I had to contact the manufacturer, Arris, to determine the problem. This is where we stand at the moment.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Do you have a copy of the cable connections page and the event logs from the SB8200?

Badge +1

Badge +1

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Your power levels are out of spec and you have a ton of errors in the lines. 

Your isp will need to check it

Badge +1
I sent two connection pages that were downloaded a few minutes apart.

Badge +1

Thanks, I will get back to the ISP, even though they assured me that the trouble was with the SB8200. It seems kind of odd that it would work so well for so long, and then just quit. 

Badge +1

The modem must have been fried, because I bought a new one and had it provisioned for Breezeline. It works fine. The new modem is version 7, and the first one had no version #, so it must have been version #1. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Tough to tell if its an internal hardware failure of line issue because the logs/connections will both look poorly if something on the internal coax part failed/broke. 

but glad you got it sorted!