Skip to main content
Solved

No internet on SB8200 connecting with router

• 21 July 2024
  • 1 reply

You know that little world globe that's normally position down in the right-hand corner of your screen. Right now it's not a globe but an icon of a computer screen instead.

When I hover over that icon, I get that the 5Ghz Linksys routed is connected.   But when I open up that icon, where you would normally hit "connect" it say no internet connection. Thats my problem.  

I just changed out an SB6141 and all connections worked.  I added this new SB8200, and I’ve now got no internet to connect to my Linksys WBT3200ACM router.

But my cell phone, tablet, and laptop all connect to the router with a strong signal.  Its just this desktop HP that no longer works right.  Destops 2years old.

I did get the correct connection momentarily when unplugging the router and resetting but that lasted but a few minutes

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

SB8200 is connected to the router and many of your devices are connected to the modem wifi network and working fine but the issue is only on the desktop which doesn't have internet

that means your desktop connected to the router directly or to the router wifi network?

In this case we would suggest you to try connecting and device to the modem directly  after power cycling modem for a minute and check for the internet if the modem provides internet then you can reach out to router manufacturer for further assistance.