Solved

Being hacked, it appears. SBG6950AC2

• 31 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

6950 Router is still working fine, but I cannot log into it.  Getting error “Invalid user name or password, or your access has been locked due to multiple failed login attempts!”  I have been able to sneak in and change the PW, but I keep getting this error when trying to make changes to the settings.  It appears that someone is trying to log in and keeps getting locked out, but I am also locked out.
Is there a way to work around this?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 4 November 2023, 22:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case we would suggest you to perform hard reset on the modem where you can use the default login credentials to access modem interface. But after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password to connect to your network. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to perform proper reset on the modem and about your device hacked by someone, you need to contact your internet service provider to configure your modem to get the modem secured and performing reset will also help in securing your modem.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6950AC2-Factory-Reset