Solved

Lost original login information used to set up modem - SBG6950AC2

• 9 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, 

I am trying to set up the app on my mobile device using the pamphlet included in the box but it is not working.   It was originally set up using another persons information rather than my own and they lost access to their email to get into the account.  How do I, if possible , reset it and set it up to only my information and also get the app to work on my iPhone 11.  I need to be able to have control of the modem and devices.  Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Sabreman23 10 January 2024, 18:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge +1

see page 14 of this manual - reset to factory original settings for access (default user/password) should be on the label
on the bottom of your modem

SURFboard SBG6950AC2 Wireless Gateway User Guide (usermanual.wiki)

Hope this helps!

Charles

To reset your SBG6950AC2 configuration back to the factory default settings: 1. Insert the end of a paper clip or other small object with a narrow tip into the Reset opening on the back of your SBG6950AC2. 2. Press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds or until the front panel LEDs flash. 3. Remove the paper clip or small object from the Reset opening.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Were you able to set up the Surfboard Central App? After the Reset had been done. 

Please follow the link below for the Factory Reset 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6950AC2-Factory-Reset

Badge +1

Hello,

my original reply was to Sfwilliams who needed some help resetting their modem to factory settings.

I included a link to the online owner's manual for their model modem.

This subject is closed on my end.

Thanks for reaching out.

Charles