Question

i need the HFC MAC to activate the modem - SBG7400AC2

• 23 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Good afternoon, I bought two router 7400ac, the information on it is not the same as the information on the sticker, get the Serial Number of both, could you tell me the HFC MAC so I can install the router?

ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway / Retail

HW REV: 3

VENDOR: ARRIS Group, Inc.

BOOTR: 2.2.0.45

SW REV: 9.1.103AA85

MODEL: SBG7400AC2

Serial Number:

[edit: removed personal information]

ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway / Retail

HW REV: 3

VENDOR: ARRIS Group, Inc.

BOOTR: 2.2.0.45

SW_REV: 9.1.103AA85

MODEL: SBG7400AC2

Serial Number:

[edit: removed personal information]

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Never post your serial number/mac to these forums. I’ll message a mod to see if they can remove this photo. @SURFboard Moderator @SURFboard_Big_Kahuna @SURFboard Support 

If you can log into the device, you can check the hardware mac in the settings and give that to your ISP to activate. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@plemans Thank you for reporting this.  We’ve made necessary edits.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@lucianoestevesmachado The HFC MAC address is on a white sticker at bottom of the SBG7400 or in the Web Manager.  Please use the address on the Web Manager.

Refer to the following FAQ to locate the HFC MAC.

SBG7400AC2: LOCATING THE HFC MAC ADDRESS

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

@SURFboard Support I think the users said the sticker didn’t match the one in the router gui. 

@lucianoestevesmachado I’d try the one in the gui. If thats whats its registering, I’d use that for activation. If it doesn’t work, then try the sticker. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@plemans Thanks for catching that. I’m in agreement to use the address on the GUI. 

@lucianoestevesmachado Please provide the serial number and the HFC MAC on the label and GUI in a private message.  I’ll confirm the address in our system.