Question

SURFboard SBG7400AC2 2.4 ghz settings for security cameras which loses live stream after 2 seconds

• 30 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Arlo camera connects fine to the SBG7400AC2 and functions fine except for the live streaming aspect, which only last two seconds and stops. I’m thinking there must be a setting for the 2.4 ghz connection that I haven’t set correctly or the live stream would remain connected. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Check the WIFI channel for 2.4 network, make sure that your 2.4 network has less interrupted channel and monitor connection after changing channel for 2.4 network, please follow the steps mentioned on below article 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7400AC2-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Badge

Ok, I already did this suggestion, and my cameras are already using the least used channels. The camera still begins providing a live stream but it only lasts for two seconds or so and stops. Is there something else I can try?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you are unable to connect camera through Wi-Fi, I suggest you to change the security mode by launch the web browser.

Launch web browser such as google chrome, Microsoft edge, etc. and enter it in the address box as 192.168.0.1.

Once you logged in, select Gateway>summary>connection>Wi-Fi>select edit for 2.4Ghz and change the security mode as WPAWPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES).

After changing the security mode, restart the camera and try to connect it again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Well on the Arlo camera is good to know that you are able to connect but only on the live streaming it keeps dropping every 2 seconds . As you had already mentioned that 2.4GHz is already assigned to the least congested channels so, changing the security mode to either WPAWPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES)/ WPA2-PSK AES (Recommended) was a great help? Is the drop on the live stream was solved?