Solved

There is no Profile button for Parental Control

• 21 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am unable to add profiles, which mean I have to use global exclusions (which it doesn’t appear to have a way to remove them once added). Is there a way to fix the app or is this not a bug? I have a Samsung Galaxy 23.

Not sure why none of this functionality was made available in the gui or for a Windows pc.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 29 August 2023, 16:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello dejectedowner

The option for the parental control setup for the modem SBG7400AC2 i mentioned on the below link hope you have followed all steps to setup the parental control according to your needs, just want you to check the steps on the link again to make sure for an option to add profiles

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7400AC2-Parental-Controls-Setup

Badge

Been there, done that. Still doesn’t address blocking all internet access during specific hours (night time).

Badge

Oh, and also determined that the rules don’t effect existing connections, only new attempts.

Badge

Since the model has been out for 5 years (mine may be that old) and the app is limited to what it is supposed to do, doubtful any effort is going to be made to patch it at this point. If you want a simple router it is a solution. Just not a great one for families. Going back to Netgear.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If the settings are not accepted by the parental control setup we would suggest you to perform a restart then try again to setup parental control on the interface.