Question

moving from surfboard legacy to central.

• 27 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am trying to move from legacy to central and do not know what I am doing.  We have the SBG7600AC2.  We have had it for 3 years now and don’t know what kind of maintenance should be done on it.

Going through the setup I get to screen that asks if you have previously installed Legacy app and am asked to migrate and I continue.  However I cannot connect to home network.  I get an error message-0015-1805.  I have no idea what to do next.  I could really use some help because this is really frustrating.

thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello pwieber

We understand that you are undergoing migration process on your surfboard application, from surfboard manager to surfboard central app. 0015-1805> Something went wrong - The mobile device cannot connect to your router.  If you have previously installed the gateway, please connect the mobile device to the home Wi-Fi network.  Click "Retry" to reconnect to the gateway. If a factory reset is performed on the gateway, then click "Continue Onboarding" to reinstall the gateway. If still same issue persist you can try using the application on different device.

Badge

My problem has now changed a bit.  When I open the Surfboard app I get steps for activation to get my device up and running.  It looks like the process to get a new modem/router installed.  Our modem/router is working fine.  It is hooked up to Xfinity.  The lights are on and again everything seems to be working.

My question is do I have to go through this process for the app to work for me??    All I want to do is use the app to check for software updates or whatever.