Solved

W6B - Download Slow(ish) Speed

• 1 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I purchased the W6B to improve my Download speed in my home office.  I currently have 1Gig fiber service, and consistently get 950 at the modem.  I am using a 2.5 MoCA to get closer to my office, and connect the main W6B access point to the moca via ethernet.  The main access point is one room over, so I realize there is a wall separating W6B Satellite and Main access point.   With that said, I am getting consistent upload speed (~900Mbps), but only getting on avg. ~350Mbps download.  

Here is current information for my connection:

icon

Best answer by plemans 19 December 2023, 20:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

W6B is just to extend signal strength without any interruption so according to the speed plan you will get the internet connection. So regarding slow speed issue we would suggest you to check on the router or the modem to isolate the issue and Arris do not support MoCA  devices. So to work on this further the modem model number and the router model number will be more helpful.

Badge

W6B is just to extend signal strength without any interruption so according to the speed plan you will get the internet connection. So regarding slow speed issue we would suggest you to check on the router or the modem to isolate the issue and Arris do not support MoCA  devices. So to work on this further the modem model number and the router model number will be more helpful.

Well, seeing as the MoCA unit is the connected source into the W6B, is the information for upstream units (Modem and router) even relevant?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Arris do not support MoCA devices. I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Got a laptop you could connect to the W6B satellite? Try testing them in the same room. 6ghz doesn’t have nearly the penetration power of 2.4ghz and it has less than 5ghz. That wall might be causing issues on the return signal

Badge

I have a long ethernet cord so I took the satellite into the other room within approx. 8 ft. of the main, but it didn’t improve any.  

I have been getting better download speeds recently.  I usually see ~500, with occasionally up over 600.