Solved

Need wifi 6e mesh extender to compliment SVG2482AC

• 30 November 2022
  • 1 reply

I use a SVG2482AC and wifi is slow even nearby.  I use TP-Link extenders to help areas of the house where I am most, but wifi speed is still slow.  Wired cable modem using Xfinity give me about 750mbs to my MacBook Pro, buy wifi around the house is weak. Will a new maxPRO W31 mesh wifi network work with a SVG2482AC cable modem?  Is this the fastest configuration?

icon

Best answer by plemans 1 December 2022, 17:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

So more clarity is needed. 

1. single/dual band extenders will drop speeds by over 50% for the devices connected to the extender. So when you’re testing the routers speeds, disable the extenders. (can go into more detail on why if you’d like)
  2. There’s a big difference from 2.4ghz speeds to 5ghz speeds. So make sure you go over what speed each band is. You can also try changing the wireless channel in case there’s interference. so try different channels as well
  3. The device you test on is also a key part. The speed bottleneck isn’t usually the router but the device you’re testing on. So when you’re going over speeds, list what device you’re testing with (or the wireless card in it is better)

So what actual speeds do you get? Tough to know if the w31 system will help if the bottleneck isn’t the router.