Question

Can't log in to my Aaris Surfboard Admin Page on G34

• 16 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

When I try to log into the modem management website, using any viewer I get a message similar to this:

“Supported Browsers Versions
The version of Mozilla Firefox you are using is unsupported. Your Gateway's web interface has been tested to work with the minimum version: 63.0.3.”

This is severely out-of-date, since the current version of Firefox is 125.0.1.  That’s problem #1.

The main problem is that it’s telling me my login credentials are incorrect… but giving me no clue how to fix that.  It doesn’t offer the ability to change my password, doesn’t offer email verification, offers no help at all.  After several attempts using different passwords (I have about 3 “registered” with Arris), it locked me out of my own management page. 

I appreciate security when it’s good, but this is seriously outdated and poorly designed software.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can solve this problem.  Calling Arris “support” wound up in their automated system repeatedly hanging up the phone instead of connecting me to a consultant.

This is a brand new modem one-day old.  

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge

I finally figured out the cause of the problem.  Evidently the Arris Admin page works only with Microsoft Edge.   Even then, the software is severely out of date, recognized Edge as being Chrome and told me “This software is not compatible with the version of Chrome you are using”.  (I don’t even have Chrome installed.)    It didn’t work consistently with Mozilla Firefox.

I finally got hold of support and they noted the software issues and promised to forward them to management, but I can’t really believe I’m the first and only person to notice these issues.  The Admin page software is in significant need of updating.