Solved

g34-5GHz drops out ALL the time. Shows connected, no internet

• 2 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I seriously am losing my mind. I already have it on a timer so it reboots every single day, and yet while watching TV, using my phone, tablet, whatever, I get a “no internet” message or nothing loads multiple times a day. I can switch to the 2.4 GHz channel and that works. Sometimes I can get it to work again by turning wifi on and off on the device, sometimes I need to reset the G34. It is not a range thing, this happens when I am right by the G34, it just stops transmitting on the 5GHz channel. What on earth is making this happen?  I have also changed the channels multiple times, it doens’t seem very congested where I am , I don’t think this is the issue. 

Firmware versions: 01.05.020.04.01.NCS

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 31 January 2024, 18:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If this is happening only on 5G network then we would suggest you to change the WIFI security mode on the interface so that will help the modem stay connected on the WIFI network without any interruption and also make sure that WIFI channel is on less congested one. Please follow the steps mentioned below after logging into the modem interface or GUI

Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi > Edit Home 5GHz > change the security mode to WPA3 Personal(AES)  and save changes.  
After changing WIFI security mode restart the modem then we would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

As you had faced difficulties whenever you try to connect on the 5GHz network hope, the above mentioned steps provided help to solve the issue .

Badge

It was set that way before, except I use WPA2 and WPA3 because my printer does not work with WPA3.  My last ditch effort was to combine SSIDs in a hope that would help, but now it’s just wifi so that didn’t help either. I have to reset the router all the time, it’s ridiculous. I’m not in a super built up area, there isn’t a lot of competition for wifi and the overlap is minimal. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

We are Sorry for the bad experience that you were facing, after trying all the troubleshooting steps so,  for further information contact arris.com/consumersupport