Question

G34

• 31 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hello, I have an arris G34, the problem is that every 2 days it runs out of Internet, it only has a signal but no Internet. I have to unplug the power to get it back to work

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

when it happens, do you have a screensnip of the cable connections page and event logs? 

Those help check the connection back to the isp

Badge +1

Badge +1

I have this, I don't know if it's right. my company is xfinity

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Your power levels are to high. If you have an amplifier in line, you need to remove it. 

Badge +1

I don't have anything . They put a signal reducer on it and it only lasted two days and then there was no signal. The router is new. Do you think the router is bad? oh something is damaged

Badge +1

the xfinity company has come 2 times to solve the problem and nothing. It says that the signal is good. tell me how to fix that, oh how to lower the levels, oh what a deal for me to come work

Badge +1

How much does the signal have to be for the G34, I don't want to have that problem anymore

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

It should be between -7.5dbmv and 7.5dbmv. 

You’re above that by a ways. You can try a different signal attenuator or a 3-4x splitter (cap off the unused ports)

Badge +1

Thanks, I'm going to buy a signal attenuator. because the xfinity company has come to my house twice and cannot solve the case