Solved

G34 keeps dropping internet

• 17 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a G34 and Cox internet. My internet drops multiple times a day. Any known fixes? I have reset multiple times.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 20 September 2023, 23:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello McKee0505

Is your internet dropping on WIFI or on direct connection? If  this is on WIFI please check is this on 2.4 or 5G network?

When the slow speed is on WIFI you can try changing WIFI channel which will improve WIFI connectivity and speed. If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may causes slow speed and  intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity.

Please follow the steps mentioned on below link to change WIFI channel

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

If this is also on direct connection we need to check the cable signal level of the modem which is on the modem interface.

Badge

It is on direct connection as well as wifi.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you are experiencing intermittent internet through a direction connection, I suggest you check the cable signal levels to sure that the signals are in range.

To check the same, find the link given below:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels

Badge

The intermittent issues continued with the direct connection.  I ordered a modem/router from Cox in order to assist with the troubleshooting and it went away.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are experiencing with intermittent internet connection, could you share us the cable signal levels to assist you further.