Solved

G34 Modem cannot log into 192.168.0.1

• 27 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have tried multiple times to log into my new G34 router/modem at 192.168.0.1 and it refuses to allow me to signon with my credentials.

I have reset the modem 3 times now and still cannot get in.

I have tried also to log in after resetting the modem without using the sufrboard app, but then I have no email address to key in.

Tried to follow directions to login as admin - but there is no ‘user name’ field to key into.

How do I fix this?

icon

Best answer by paultherrien 27 October 2023, 13:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Badge

Never Mind - I see there is a password on the Web GUI access screen on the APP.  This is a different password than the one I assigned… never saw until now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you set up the Surfboard central application, the password for the GUI interface would be assigned automatically.

I suggest you to use the same password to login the GUI interface.

Badge

I have tried to determine how to change the password.

I can’t see where to do this in the SurfBoard app.

The WEB interface warns me that changing password should be done via the app because the app and the GUI will be out of synch..

Can you explain to do the password change for the GUI via the app?

Thanks,

Paul

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I understand that you are trying to change the GUI login password, once you set up the SBC app the GUI password would be created automatically.

There is no option to change the password once its created in the app.

If you wish you change the GUI login password, I suggest you to reset the modem that helps to create a login password for the GUI interface, but all the credentials which is customized will be change to default settings.