Solved

G34 will not hard reset

• 29 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I have a situation where I have had daily connection issues and had to do multiple hard resets. Now the unit will not reset. The way I know is because in the past when I do a 20 second reset the ethernet lights would turn orange. Now they won’t turn orange and will never connect.

BTW,  I have an open support ticket on this. I think I have a bad unit and I’m trying to get a replacement but I have to do the support dance. I explained that if the connection light never turns blue, they will never be able to diagnose the issue remotely. Am I correct?

icon

Best answer by AUser 3 October 2023, 00:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello AUser

When you perform hard reset on the modem do you feel a click on the modem reset button?

If you are not feeling a click on the modem reset button please try using different thing to reset modem a sharp little thing.

please, disconnect the coaxial cable from the back of the device? At the back of the modem, in the middle section you will see a small hole, inside that hole there is a button, and that is the reset button, please insert a paper clip or a tip of a pen and hold it for 15-30 seconds until all your lights go off, afterwards connect the coax cable back and wait until your device fully boots up.

Badge +3

Yes. I’ve had to do this numerous times in the last two weeks after continuing disconnection problems. I told two reps that it will not reset and it’s still under warranty. I have an older 300M router in its place right now because I have to have a connection. 

All I need is a replacement.

The rep wanted to reset so they could do diagnostics. I explained that they won’t be able to do diagnostics if I don’t get a blue light.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you looking for the warranty replacement, Please visit arris.com/selfhelp for more information.

Warranty inquiries are handled by Consumer Support.

Badge +3

Got another rep who determined I needed a replacement.