Question

HELP!!! Someone has hacked my Arris G34 Wi-Fi modem

• 6 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

HELP!!! Someone has hacked my Arris G35/G36 wifi modem twice. I believe it is someone in working the industry. My internet provider/server is WOW! but they tell me they cannot help because I own the wifi modem. I need help stopping the hacking into my system. The person or persons who is doing this is getting into modem Gateway settings and changing the configurations. I am fighting to get and keep my bandwidth of 1 gig from the hacker(s).

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case the only option is to perform factory reset on the modem and changing all  configuration to customized one like modem login credentials and Wi-Fi credentials and also you can re activate modem by your internet service provider so the modem will be getting new IP address and that will make your modem secure.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Factory-Reset

I have A G34 network and all of a sudden our wifi network disappears, login to the G34 and all you can see is LAN connections, all of the wifi settings are gone and nobody has reset the G34 and Arris Support blamed it on an ISP update but I’m still checking that out.  Will keep you updated when I hear from Spectrum.