Solved

How many wireless devices can the G34 support?

• 8 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have over 50 wireless devices in my household from “smart light bulbs, Amazon Devices, TVs, Xboxs, Smart Phones, Smart Energy Meters, & Home Security”.  

How many wireless devices can this router truly support.  I am fully aware of how many routable addresses are available by default, but this device seems to become inconsistent around 30 devices or so.

Any help would be great… and I still hate the fact that I can’t access this device using the mobile application without having to go through the entire setup phase again.

This may become a $200 paperweight very soon.

Cheers :)

icon

Best answer by plemans 9 February 2024, 18:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

I’m not 100% on how many Arris supports per band but most routers can use around 32 per band. The move to AX increased how many you can connect. But again, not sure if Arris has a set amount or not. 

Make sure your IoT devices are on the 2.4ghz band and if you start running low, you can put some on the 5ghz band. 

what you can do to, is setup an old router/or extender in access point mode and connect devices to it. I used to have to do that with AC routers because I had to many IoT devices. An extender, old router, or even switching to a mesh system greatly expands that ability. AX and now BE fixed that issue but was bumping up against those limits on single router setups.