Question

Internet Connection issue

• 3 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Anyone having internet drops issues with G34?   Band steering is turned off. Multiple drops daily. Have RCN as provider. No issues with cable side.  I Reboot modem weekly.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi sfanicase,

Could you please share the screenshot of the "Connection/WAN" page (which has the upstream and downstream information) so that we can check if the CSL are within the acceptable range?

You can get into the web interface by accessing 192.168.0.1 on any of your Wi-Fi connected devices.

Badge

ISP came to check settings.  Upstream power level was 35-37, now 46-47 (in range).  Also changed IPv6 DHCP lease time from 1 week to 1 day.  Will see if that fixes the Internet drops.

I have the same issue, swapped out my Comcast gateway 3-days ago, activation was easy but since then I have internet drops, sometime the radios stop while I still have my wired network up. Restart after restart and I can’t get it right. My Xfinity gateway never stopped working, I haven’t changed anything else except the gateway! I am very frustrated with this device.