Solved

internet dropping from cable - G34

• 22 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

my internet is dropping in pockets. I have the attached modem router below. I work from home and constantly see the internet dropping pockets a few times a day. I also have to set up connection for two of my Rokus at least 6 to 7 times a day on this router modem. Could someone please say an answer aside from “check the wires”?  I’m extremely dissatisfied with the same stock responses I’ve seen in threads such as this. My service is optimum and I’m on Long Island

icon

Best answer by plemans 22 October 2023, 15:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

when its dropping, is it over 2.4ghz, 5ghz, wired? All of them? 

And “check the lines’ is also key. We find many times issues with the coax. 

All you have to do is screensnip the cable connections page and the event logs and it lets us know the quality of the connection back to the ISP. its pointless to troubleshoot the router/modem if it doesn’t have a good connection to the isp. 

Badge

Thanks for the response. So after reviewing on the arris app the rokus are at 2.4. That may be what the issue is

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

worth checking into. 2.4ghz is a slow network (especially for streaming) and sensitive to interference. I usually recommend any streaming device be on the 5ghz (if they have that capability). 

You can try changing the 2.4ghz channel to see if it helps. 

Badge

I think we’re going to update the Rokus then. Thanks for the help