Solved

iPad not connecting to G34 wifi

• 14 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi. This may be an obvious problem, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

I recently got the G34 and my iPad is not connecting to the wifi. I’ve reset the network settings on the ipad, tried 2.4 and 5 ghz networks, and the guest network.

I’ve also checked to see if the device is being blocked somehow, as well as added the MAC Address manually.

I know that the ipad wifi itself is working because it can connect to my phone’s hotspot.

I initially thought it was a software incompatibility, because the iOS version is 11.1 which is quite old. However since DOCSIS 3.1 is backwards compatible, I don’t think that would be the issue.

My old router was the Arris DG1670A, which I can confirm the ipad did work with.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 16 July 2023, 22:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hi balenasandwich

As your iPad is not getting connected to WiFi lets change the Security mode for 24GHz and 5GHz :

Login to web manager page 192.168.0.1 : user name :admin and password: password (if not customized)

In gateway page select “Connection” go to “Networks” and to the right side you can see the gateway<connection<WiFi<edithome 2.4GHz 

Select “Security Mode” by default it will be in “WPA2/WPA3 Mixed Personal (AES) (Recommended) to WPA2-PSK (AES),

Repeat the same for 5GHz 

If still unable to connect iPad change the WiFi channels :Follow the below link 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Hope this helps 

Badge +1
to WPA2-PSK (AES),

This worked, thanks!