Solved

Lost connectivity on my Arris G34.with WOW.

• 27 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Lost connectivity with my G34 from my provider WOW.  Have tried a reboot and a factory reset, nothing.  Spent approximately 1/2 hour on the phone with WOW tech support.  They told me that they were not getting a signal back from the modem.  Checked on You Tube and the Ethernet cable connections are supposed to flash after holding the reset button for 30 to 45 seconds, that doesn’t happen.  I have read on the community forum that there maybe a firmware update for the G34 and G36 that provider has but doesn’t download to customers who have their own device.  I have reconnected my old router SBG10 and it works fine.  Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Barry

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 30 December 2023, 22:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you please help us with the LED light status on the G34 device after connecting to power and coax cable to isolate the issue and also need to check the modem IP address on the modem interface to confirm whether the device is malfunctioning or not.

The light on the front of the device is a solid amber, also the light on the Ethernet cable is also solid amber. On initial power up the light is blue but immediately changes to solid amber. I checked the IP address and it is 192.168.117.04.  I also read that the IP should be 192.168.0.1. 

Thanks

Barry

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you mentioned the led light on the modem is solid amber, I suggest you to power cycle the modem and reset the modem.

To perform power cycle, disconnect all the cables from the modem including power and wait for a minute then reconnect it back in the order of co-axial cable as first, then power cord and ethernet cable.

If the problem persists, then try to perform factory reset.

To perform factory reset, find the link given below:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Factory-Reset

I have tried both power cycle and the factory reset, but the gateway still does not function.  Will repeat the procedures.  I have a case number and I reinstalled SBG10 and it functions with no problem.  The only reason I replaced it was for the speed and the number of clients.  Again I just completed all the above and still nothing, all lights on the gateway stay a solid amber. The device is not 90 days old and does not function.  All I want is a replacement.  Without have to go thru more diagnostic testing. Any help to move this along would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Barry

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you try to access the GUI web portal through 192.168.0.1.

Also let us know whether the Wi-Fi network name is broadcasting in your devices or not.

I have tried to access the portal using my laptop and my desktop.  Neither one will bring up the web interface.  Used 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100. It says check cables and connections on both machines. Also used different cables to rule out that possibility.  It is not broadcasting the WiFi network.  Thank you for prompt response and assistance

Thanks

Barry

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Warranty inquiries are handled by Consumer Support.

I suggest you to visit www.arris.com/consumersupport for further assistance.