Solved

no Internet to devices g34

• 25 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Isp says connection to g34 is good but when trying to access Internet through any device wired or wireless it says no internet access when logging in through my PC and going to the to the troubleshooting and then diagnostic tools and testing connectivity it says everything is okay. Packets are sent and packets are received just fine.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 27 January 2024, 17:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you see the modem LED light is solid blue and devices are connected to modem wifi network please try accessing modem settings page to check the WAN IP address

Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.  Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.  The https:// Redirect page will appear.   

The Username field has admin populated, enter the custom password in the Password field.

Click the Login button.  The Gateway > Summary page will appear.

Click on  Gateway > Connection > WAN and check for WAN IP if that shows 0.0.0.0 then your modem needs to be activated by your service provider.

Or if you see other WAN IP please let us to check on this issue further.

Badge

My issue is similar to ckothmann’s, but different also. I simply cannot get any of my smart devices online with my new G34. Sometimes I get the message saying I am not online when trying to connect a device but I am able to sign in afresh and proceed. However, the process always times out.

Not sure if it is helpful, but I took a screenshot of my WAN:-

[edit: removed image with personal information]

As much (or as little) as I know, this looks OK as there appears to be  WAN IP’s.

Following earlier advice from plemans, I changed my security setting from wps2/wpa3 to wpa2. This made to difference to my ability to get my devices online.

Any other advice, anyone, please.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

My issue is similar to ckothmann’s, but different also. I simply cannot get any of my smart devices online with my new G34. Sometimes I get the message saying I am not online when trying to connect a device but I am able to sign in afresh and proceed. However, the process always times out.

Not sure if it is helpful, but I took a screenshot of my WAN:-

[edit: removed image with personal information]

As much (or as little) as I know, this looks OK as there appears to be  WAN IP’s.

Following earlier advice from plemans, I changed my security setting from wps2/wpa3 to wpa2. This made to difference to my ability to get my devices online.

Any other advice, anyone, please.

Since the WAN IP is the public IP address, I suggest you to contact the interest service provider to reprovisioning the modem once to fix this issue.