Solved

Why isn't the browser warning fixed?

• 5 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I see posts that the Browser warning will be fixed soon, posted 6 months ago.

I’m on Chrome Version 115.0.5790.171 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is there a time when this will be fixed.

Follow up question, how am I able to change my router’s name/password/etc, if I haven’t set a password yet on 192.168.0.1?  It asks “Forget password” but I haven’t set one yet, and an email hasn’t arrived, after 20 mins of waiting.  I was able to join this community faster than configuring my home wifi.  I registered my device.  I see posts of “username and password are defaulted to Admin/password” however 192.168.0.1 does not accept those credentials. Need help getting setup.

[update] I found on my own that in the app, you can update the router details from “Network management”.  The documentation that came with the router needs to be updated. There isn’t anything on/in/with the router directed me to use that tab at the bottom of the app.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 7 August 2023, 21:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

To change the Wi-Fi name and password on the GUI Page, log in with the default Wi-Fi name and password if you are unable to connect to the Wi-Fi then try doing a “Reset”

Click on the link below to do a “Reset”:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Factory-Reset

To change the Wi-Fi name and password click the below link:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password

To try on SURFboard Central App: After the “Reset” 

uninstall/reinstall the app, and customize the Wi-Fi credentials at the time of setup 

After the setup, access the GUI with the password generated by the SURFboard Central App 

Badge +2

I see posts that the Browser warning will be fixed soon, posted 6 months ago.

I’m on Chrome Version 115.0.5790.171 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is there a time when this will be fixed.

I have the same issue with a G34, warning of an unsupported browser with both Chrome and Firefox totally up to date at their latest versions. So far, everything seems to work okay though.

Seems this wasn’t addressed in the Moderator’s response.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello CraigG58                    

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. This is a false warning, and you will not experience any issue.  There is fix in development that will be pushed when it is available.  Until then, the consumer will continue to receive the message and will need to click the Close button to continue using their Chrome or Edge browser.  Alternatively, the customer could switch to another browser. if you don't want to switch to another browser and want to continue to used Chrome or Edge, you will need to close the pop-up each time you log into the Web Manager.

Badge +2

Thanks for the update!

FYIAA, there’s on more problem with the G34 login page that I ran into after my last post…

After I got done completely configuring the router (including changing the admin password), I logged out. A bit later, I wanted to check another setting, but when I attempted to login I got a message stating I was providing invalid credentials.

I was 100% sure I was using the correct password, since it was generated and stored in a password safe. In all instances where I needed to use it, it was a copy/paste from there. Note that I do not use built-in browser password safes, this was using the KeePass app which works perfectly for all of my hundreds of other passwords.

Needless to say, at first I was pretty upset that it appeared I’d have to do a factory reset and start all over again, especially since this router has no way of exporting/importing its configuration (the latter in my eyes being yet another shortcoming).

Before giving up the ghost, I thought to try refreshing the login page. Low and behold, it then accepted my password. Further testing revealed this needs to be done during every single login.

To summarize, these are the steps I need to take to circumvent the issue:
1) Close browser version warning.
2) Completely refresh login page via CTRL-F5.
3) Close browser version warning again.
4) Enter password.

Unfortunately, I’ve never seen XFINITY push firmware updates and since there’s no way to do it myself, I guess all of this is just something I’m going to have to live with. At least it’s a good thing that a router login is an infrequent thing to do for most people, so it’s not like I need to hassle with the steps above on a daily basis.

Anyway, I’m sure you’ll want to pass this problem on to whichever developer is working on the browser version check fix, as it may be related. Re-creating it should be easy. It’s a solid failure for me every time whether using Chrome or Firefox which are far and away much more popular browsers than Edge.

Badge +2

Forgot to add, from “Gateway > Software” page:

Software Image Name: AR01.04.028.01.01_040121_724.NCS.20.X2
Firmware Version: 01.04.028.01.01.NCS
RDK-B-LLC: rdkb-20200207
SDK: N/A
Wi-Fi Driver: N/A

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Thank you for the update and this information will reach our concern team and There is fix in development that will be pushed when it is available.