Solved

Xbox One has Connection Issues with G34

• 1 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I recently got a G34 for our new router/modem with Xfinity. I’m posting here as ever since we got the G34, our Xbox One has virtually never been able to connect to the internet properly. It will connect to the network and say all services available, but it will never successfully download any online content/updates/etc. and games that require internet won’t start.

It says NAT type is “Moderate” and I know it should be “open” to work properly, but I’ve tried common methods to fix the NAT type to no avail. UPnP is “on” in the router settings, and I’ve tried all manner of restart this, power cycle that, etc. I’ve even tried to mess with manual port selection in the console settings. This never happened with the Arris router/modem we had prior to this model. Forgetting the network and reconnecting worked *one* time to get open NAT, but since that one occurrence the issue returned. I’ve tried it on the 5ghz and 2.4 ghz networks. Forgetting the network hasn’t worked again since then.

Our apple TV will also occasionally flash a “network connection lost” message, but it disappears before there is any interruption in connectivity. 

I did recently see Arris’ update from a month ago regarding known issues with Xfinity internet - could that be at play here? How come only the Xbox (and to a much smaller extent, the apple TV) is impacted?

P.S. no disrespect intended but save us both some time and skip the scripted “try restarting console. Try restarting router. Try checking for updates. etc. all of that stuff has been tried already.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your support

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 5 August 2023, 20:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

To connect Xbox One and the TV. Perform a Reset on the modem. When a  Reset is done the customized Wi-Fi name and password will go to the default Wi-Fi name and password which is available at the bottom/side of the device.

Click the below link to do a Reset :

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Factory-Reset

After Reset connect with Xbox One and TV and check for the internet .