Question

Add MAC address to permitted devices list

• 8 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

How would I add my printer MAC address to the list of permitted devices for the SurfBoard G36?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Jyounger6

To add printer MAC address manually to the modem interface is not actually a option on the modem, so you just need to connect printer to the modem Wi-Fi network or by the WPS option you can connect printer to the modem G36, then the printer will be automatically displayed on the connected devices list on the modem settings where you can add MAC if any specific configuration need, like MAC bridging or MAC filtering etc.

Badge

When attempting to connect my printer to the modem, I get a “Connection Error” on my printer stating, “Unable to connect to the network.”

Diagnostics states, “The MAC address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router which can prevent your HP printer from connecting to your wireless network during setup.”

The suggested Solution: “If MAC address filtering is enabled and you would like to keep it enabled, you must add the MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router before continuing.”