Solved

Arris G36 blocks my Eufy live camera feeds from my other house

• 26 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Just bought a G36 and now I cannot view my live camera feeds from my other house.  I can view the feeds fine from my neighbors modem, from the library modem or from my mobile network, but something is clearly blocking the feed when I try my new G36 modem.  Any idea what setting I would need to change to fix this?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 28 November 2023, 19:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Is it connecting? 

And you can connect if you’re on your homes wifi? 

Might check with Eufy if there’s a certain port that needs to be forwarded

Badge

Is it connecting? 

And you can connect if you’re on your homes wifi? 

Might check with Eufy if there’s a certain port that needs to be forwarded

Wifi connects to everything else fine.  It's just the live security camera feed that doesn't work.  Why would port forwarding be the issue?   At my house in Chicago with the security camera I cannot see the live feed when I'm at my house in Florida.  The house in Florida has the Arris router.  However at my neighbors house in Florida it's fine, and at the Florida library it's good.  It's like it's blocking the port on my Florida router or something?  Or are you saying I need to explicitly port forward?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since the security camera is not connecting with Wi-Fi, I suggested to connect through 2.4ghz network.

Also change the security mode in the GUI web portal by following the steps:

Gateway>summary>connection>Wi-Fi>networks.

Under networks select edit for the 2.4ghz and change the security mode as WPAWP2-PSK(TKIP)

Badge

Since the security camera is not connecting with Wi-Fi, I suggested to connect through 2.4ghz network.

Also change the security mode in the GUI web portal by following the steps:

Gateway>summary>connection>Wi-Fi>networks.

Under networks select edit for the 2.4ghz and change the security mode as WPAWP2-PSK(TKIP)

That did not work or make sense... That mode is just for me to connect to the router, but I don't believe that would cause a site or port to be blocked