Solved

G34 / G36 Firmware Update?

• 15 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

You have claim to have sent a firmware update but my connectivity drops more than ever in the last month.  You keep responding to customers that if the service provide claims you (SURFBoard) need to push us a firmware update they do not know what they are doing.  This maybe true in some cases but I can assure you that is not the case every time.  I have a close CTO friend who indicates that either your firmware update did not provide cross the board solutions or that you keep pushing updates that auto reboot and unfortunately you keep sending them in the middle of my workday.

We are unable to check the version of the firmware because your app is junk.  It doesn’t remember you if you don't log in all the time and then forces you to start by installing instead of logging in.  Then once you start the process you can not get out of it as none of the screens have Xs or back buttons they only have ? in the upper right hand corner.  Even if I could get to see what version I have on my modem its impossible to find what version is active for my model on your poorly designed website. Instead of trying to sell new modems make a section for your existing customers to find information about the modem they have already spent $300 on.  These are things that people complain to the BBB over.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 26 September 2023, 18:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

May I know you’re Internet Service Provider in order to assist you further? 

Badge

Xfinity like all of your other posters. If you want to help send me a return label and refund my $$$

Badge

May I know you’re Internet Service Provider in order to assist you further? 

Xfinity like the 100s of other customers complaining about your modem :(

Badge

What’s hilarious is you marked the issue solved and it is far from solved. Not only that you waited almost 2 weeks to even acknowledge the post then didn’t bother to email me with any assistance. You have my email address cuz you make me create an account to post a question…. Horrible customer service to go with the horrible modem I guess

Badge

You have claim to have sent a firmware update but my connectivity drops more than ever in the last month.  You keep responding to customers that if the service provide claims you (SURFBoard) need to push us a firmware update they do not know what they are doing.  This maybe true in some cases but I can assure you that is not the case every time.  I have a close CTO friend who indicates that either your firmware update did not provide cross the board solutions or that you keep pushing updates that auto reboot and unfortunately you keep sending them in the middle of my workday.

We are unable to check the version of the firmware because your app is junk.  It doesn’t remember you if you don't log in all the time and then forces you to start by installing instead of logging in.  Then once you start the process you can not get out of it as none of the screens have Xs or back buttons they only have ? in the upper right hand corner.  Even if I could get to see what version I have on my modem its impossible to find what version is active for my model on your poorly designed website. Instead of trying to sell new modems make a section for your existing customers to find information about the modem they have already spent $300 on.  These are things that people complain to the BBB over.