Solved

G36 and Xbox Love

• 31 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Recently purchased a G36 and upgraded my Wi-Fi speed thru xfinity. Has worked out great for all my other devices (multiple TVs, laptops, tablets, etc) but my Xbox specifically struggles to connect to the Xbox Live service. The Xbox shows as connected to the internet but fails when trying to connect to the Xbox live service after multiple years of success usage. It’s an Xbox One from ~2015 if that matters. 

I’ve tried contacting Microsoft and they’ve kept pointing me back to my router. The error message varies on the Xbox but typically shows as “UPnP unsuccessful”. I’ve tried messing around with multiple settings on the SurfBoardCentral app. Obviously enabling UPnP, changing various security settings based on other posts, adding Port Forwarding, etc. What am I missing? 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 2 November 2023, 22:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below

1. Navigate to your router login page. (For more details on logging in to your router, search online for guides related to your specific model.)
  2. Log in to your router using the required credentials.
  3. Navigate to the UPnP menu on your router.
  4. Ensure UPnP is enabled.
  5. Disable UPnP.
  6. Save your changes.
  7. Restart your Xbox One, router, and modem.
  8. Navigate to the UPnP menu on your router.
  9. Enable UPnP.
  10. Save your changes.
  11. Restart your Xbox One, router, and modem.

If still issue persist you can use the port number on the port forwarding setup to check on this further 

• UDP: 8850035444500
  • TCP & UDP: 3074

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Port-Forwarding-Setup