Solved

G36 and Xfinity - No connection, Solid Amber Light, No WiFi network

• 5 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Yesterday, suddenly my internet connection was disconnected. I checked with Xfinity. They confirmed there is no outage in my area. I tried power cycling as per Xfinity’s support instructions, I tried factory reset but it not resetting. The light is solid amber (indicating) power, but it does not cycle through any other color. 

I have scheduled Xfinity technician to visit tomorrow. 

There is a latest thread on this community which indicates that there is problem with G36 and Xfinity. Arris is going to take longer time to fix it. 

I own this modem; I have not rented it from Xfinity. My modem is under warranty till 2025. I bought this expensive modem based on recommended list by Xfinity. What are my options now? Will Arris replace my modem? Or I will be left hanging and has to buy another modem (preferably not Arris) as not having internet connection is not an option.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 12 September 2023, 20:17

View original

5 replies

Badge +1

Unfortunately those of us with the g34 or g36 are all experiencing problems. 

Badge +1

If the light is solid amber yes it  looks like the unit is    no longer working and arris  provides a 2 year limited warranty so you can call check if  they have another workaround but most likely they will replace the device

I have to same problem. How do I contact for warranty replacement.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

For warranty claim or to check with our Arris customer support please go to Arris.com/consumersupport

Badge

i would suggest on their mobile app where you set up your modem to ask an agent to disconnect the modem from your account and try readding the modem to your account, worth a try in my opinion