Solved

G36 blocks Bonjour, cannot print across Wifi networks

• 3 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I cannot get any devices on 5Ghz to Airprint on 2.4Ghz (where the canon printer resides).

Airprint on 2.4 is OK.

Seems Arris blocks or does let allow zero config to actually work?

Advanced → Device Discovery → Zero Config

Will Arris fix this?  Or has anyone a work around?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 19 September 2023, 01:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello bddiego

Printers and other home devices like TV, door bell, security system are designed to be compatible with 2.4 network so this might not be compatible with 5G network and that wont be get connected to 5G network. we would suggest you to connect your devices to the 2.4 network for better performance and network connection.

Badge

Hello

This answer makes no sense.
Of course the printer is on 2.4Ghz. 

The iPads, IPhone, Mac, PC’s are on 5Ghz. I cannot use bonjour services to print. 
The arris router is blocking bonjour services between 2.4 and 5 ghz. 
Please help fix this. 
Please don’t tell me to use all my devices on 2.4Ghz. That is not an acceptable answer. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are unable to connect the printer with 2.4Ghz, I suggest you to change the security mode.

To change the security mode:

>Log on to 192.168.0.1

>log in with your credentials.

>once you logged in, on the left hand menu, you can locate Gateway>Connection>Wi-Fi>Networks.

>Under networks, select edit for 2.4Ghz, you can locate security mode.

> Select the drop down and change it to WPA2WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES).

After changing the security mode, restart your printer once and connect with Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz. 

Badge

Hello-

Thank you for the response.

There is still a mis-understanding.  I am able to connect to the printer on 2.4 Ghz.

Please see the original issue:

I cannot get any devices on 5Ghz to Airprint on 2.4Ghz (where the canon printer resides).

Airprint on 2.4 is OK.