Question

G36 Issues: Intermittent Connectivity, Netflix Amazon Prime Issues

• 3 January 2024
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I recently upgraded to the Arris G36 router/modem, for use with Xfinity 1 gbps service. I selected the product because Xfinity includes it on its “official” list of products that are compatible with it AND which would help me to take full advantage of my service level (which my old router/modem did not).

Since then, I have experienced the following issues:

• I’m often disconnected from the Internet entirely, and need to reboot the router/modem and/or manually connect to the Internet on my phone/laptop (rather than the Internet connection being constant)
  • When watching Netflix or Amazon Prime, I often experience buffering--at least a half a dozen times per hour. Sometimes I get disconnected from the Internet entirely.
  • I’ve checked, and rechecked, all cables and my Xfinity service. There have been no issues there. I’ve checked, and rechecked, my Netflix and Amazon Prime services, there are no issues there. 

Bottom line--there’s a problem with my Arrix G36 router/modem. I cannot go on using it given its unreliability, so I’m looking for an immediate fix and short of that plan to return the product for a refund. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

I recently installed the Arris G36 and started noticing similar behavior when connecting the TV and other Wi-Fi devices. I was looking at supporting thinking the firmware may need to be upgraded, but I am not finding any software on it. Seems like bad software. Oh, I use Spectrum by the way. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are experiencing with intermittent internet connection, I suggest you to change the Wi-Fi channels.

To change the channels, let me share the link for your reference:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

After changing the Wi-Fi channels, monitor the performance for the next 24hours of time.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I recently installed the Arris G36 and started noticing similar behavior when connecting the TV and other Wi-Fi devices. I was looking at supporting thinking the firmware may need to be upgraded, but I am not finding any software on it. Seems like bad software. Oh, I use Spectrum by the way. 

If you looking for the firmware update, contact your internet service provider. Arris develops the software update and makes it available to service providers.  The service providers qualify, test, and distribute the software update to devices on their network.  It has limited control or visibility on distribution by the service providers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Well sorry as, you are experiencing a bad intermittent connection with G36, hope to change the Wi-Fi channels, and upgrading the firmware has helped to resolve the issue.