Solved

G36 packet loss constantly

• 29 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Just got the G36 to replace my very old Xfinity modem+router. 

While I don’t get the issue that others have mentioned with their G34/G36 about whole connection drop, I constantly get the packet drops while playing games. Other applications are quite tolerant with packet loss so it was only visible while playing online games.

Any idea how to resolve this? This happened starting the night when I activated the router…. The old router does not have this issue.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 2 October 2023, 18:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello tonyx

The logs are Values read by technicians from the internet provider end, since the logs are what the coaxial cable transmits and the log screen on the router is the translator so can be easily read by them, the coaxial cable is owned by the Internet service provider. If your Event Log is reporting a high volume of errors, this would indicate a potential CMTS signal issue. To troubleshoot these errors, we would like to note the current signal levels being used by your G36. 

Is your gaming devices are connected to the modem WIFI network or to the modem ethernet port. If this is happening on modem WIFI network please try connecting to 2.4 and 5G as well then monitor connection to resolve this issue you can try changing WIFI channels on the modem interface. please follow the steps mentioned on the below article.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel