Solved

G36 same issues ISP Sparklight

• 16 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

It's obviously an Arris problem at this point. Wifi works 5 minutes then drops here on Sparklight as well. Beyond frustrating. Anyone recommend a different manufacturer wifi modem? I'm over Arris. LAN connections never drop FYI. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 22 August 2023, 13:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Sorry for the inconvenience, as the Wi-Fi internet keeps dropping frequently, in this case, we need to change the Wi-Fi channels 

Please click the below link to change Wi-Fi channels:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Badge +1

Nah chief that ain't the problem. 

Badge +1

Turned off band steering and disabled MU-MIMO and been going 5 days with zero issues. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello ksnooksk

If you are facing issue only when particular devices are connected to modem WIFI then we can try configuring the device setup on the modem interface so if could explain us the issue briefly we can isolate and help you on this.

May i know what are the devices are connected to modem WIFI network that is to 2.4 and 5G,

The internet drops happening on both the network or on one network, 

Do you have any device connected to the modem directly?

Did you noticed the light on the modem going on and off when internet drops

Badge +1

It's a software issue and effects any device that auto connects to the 5ghz or wifi 6e bands only. Any device we nic cards that are auto configured to the 6e band whether 2.4 or 5 will not stay connected. For examples any Samsung or Apple cell phones. Roku sticks, wifi cameras, etc work fine. Anything connected to the LAN never drops. 

I'm a tad bit versed in this world. If only I could auto run the update myself. I feel like if I could disable to ax band the issues would go away. When placing the modem into bridge mode and using an external router all of these issues stop.