Question

INCOMPATIBLE with Xfinity/Comcast - G36

• 15 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

$300 for a top of the line Arris G36 and they won’t stand by it.  Comcast technician out for two hours and says that G36 and G34 won’t work and are incompatible with their network.  Hours on the phone/chat with Arris and the best they can do is send me another G36 in two or more weeks. That won’t help! Comcast told me to buy a Motorola modem or rent theirs. They see continuing incompatibility problems with G34 and G36.  I’m frustrated and caught in the middle.  I have other options on modem, but not on service in my area.  Arris took my $300 and ran.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge

I am deeply disappointed.  $300 for a top of the line Arris G36 and they won’t stand by it.  Comcast technician out for two hours and says that G36 and G34 won’t work and are incompatible with their network.  Hours on the phone/chat with Arris and the best they can do is send me another G36 in two or more weeks. That won’t help! Comcast told me to buy a Motorola modem or rent theirs. They see continuing incompatibility problems with G34 and G36.  I’m frustrated and caught in the middle.  I have other options on modem, but not on service in my area.  Arris took my $300 and ran.