Question

Unable to see 5G network - G36

• 29 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a G36 and it is configured to provide both 2.4G and 5G networks. In the router, everything looks fine.  Broadcast network name is checked.

However, the 5G network doesn’t show up as being available on any devices. I have even tried to join by specifying the SSID, but it says a network with that SSID is not found.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

For this we would suggest you to change the WIFI security mode on the network setting and restart your modem modem and devices to connect to the 5G network. please login to the modem interface and on the home page Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi > Edit Home 5GHz> security mode> WPAWPA2-PSK( TKIP/AES)> save.

This was happening to me also and it corrected itself when I resarted the modem, but it still happens. I don't like that. I'm trying to figure it out too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

We understand that you are unable to connect 5GHz as it keeps on disappearing only after rebooting the G34 it will stay connected again. 

Let's try with possible options now :

• In general if there is a firmware update done recently there are possibilities for the 5GHz to disappear hence check with your ISP if any firmware has been updated by them recently.
  • Let's try changing the Wi-Fi channels please follow the link below 
  • http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel if still the 5GHz is disappearing 
  • Then select the Automatic Option on the above-provided link and then select DCS Scan Interval and save the time Interval for 8 hours