Question

WOW keeps dropping

• 16 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

WOW tech said all is well on WOW’s end.  He said it was a bad modem or possibly a bad device on the receiving end of one of the signals.  How do I confirm I have a bad Arris G36 before I buy a new one?

The Arris has been dropping signal with no flashing lights on the back of the unit where the cables plug in.  I have to reboot to get it restarted.  Seems like it will keep signal for a while, then off it goes.  The front light was solid blue with zero lights on for the individual cables being plugged in.  I bought the unit new from Amazon in January of 2022.

Thanks…

Jeff

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello JWilliams

G36 is a gateway which is the combination of modem and router, so if the intermittent issue happening only on Wi-Fi we can make changes on the Wi-Fi configuration but if the intermittent connection happening on direct connection that is hardwired to the modem then we need to check on the modem cable signal level to isolate the issue. Basically, intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider. Please follow the steps mentioned on the link below to check the cable signal level. 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels