Keeps dropping internet

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 2 October 2023, 23:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Purdue2018

To work on this case further few more details may help us better.

Are you facing intermittent connection issue on WIFI connected device?

If this is on WIFI, are you facing issue on 2.4 or 5G?

Is this happening even on direct connection as well?

I have the same problem with my Windows 10 Toshiba lap top using Arris SGB7580AC.  It is an intermittent connection issue on WIFI connected device (computer only).  The connection disappears whether on 2.4 or 5g.  The Microsoft reconnection software goes belly up as well making it impossible to reconnect or keep WIFI connections.  Other blogs blame Windows 10.  Connection does not drop while connected through Ethernet cable.  I continue to use Ethernet cable for internet connection on my laptop.  Disappointing situation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I have the same problem with my Windows 10 Toshiba lap top using Arris SGB7580AC.  It is an intermittent connection issue on WIFI connected device (computer only).  The connection disappears whether on 2.4 or 5g.  The Microsoft reconnection software goes belly up as well making it impossible to reconnect or keep WIFI connections.  Other blogs blame Windows 10.  Connection does not drop while connected through Ethernet cable.  I continue to use Ethernet cable for internet connection on my laptop.  Disappointing situation.

In this case we would suggest you to try changing WIFI channel on the modem interface to check on this further and restart modem then monitor connection for 24hrs. please follow the steps mentioned on the below article.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6580-2-Changing-the-2-4-GHz-Wi-Fi-Band-Channel