Question

SBG6580 - Unbale to access the GUI page, it shown as invalid password.

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I found a post from someone having the same exact problem. The answer didn't help.

I had a power problem recently,  and when fixed,  my network was showing 'Motorola' as a network name. I tried connecting my tablets to it and they connected no pronlem. But then I noticed under security it said 'none'. I powered it still the same. Finially, did a hard reset. Got back original name. Got  tablets, and phone online. Then tried to access the web manager. Logged in using admin & Motorola. Took me to 'change password' page I entered admin, and motorola, and new password

'Oops! Invalid current user/password'. 

I've tried motorola,  the wifi key, with and without spaces.

I've tried another hard reset. Power reset, and finally, ANOTHER hard reset.

I manage to get to the change password page no problem. But no matter what I enter for user name and password, I get 'Oops! Invalid current user/password'

Pulling my hair out here.

I broke down and ordered a SBG8300 today. Since Xfinity upgraded my service and raised my fees $5.00 a month, (without asking if I wanted it,) I've spent at least 8-10 minutes a day watching arrows chasing themselfs. We'll see if docsis 3.1 fixes that. But in the meantime I still need to access the web manager on this SBG6580. Any help would be appreciated. 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case since you have tried all possible trouble shooting you can try the steps mentioned on below article

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6580-2-Web-Manager-Access
Badge

O.K. To be honest, got into it last night. After trying eleventy leven times, it poped up a couple lines under login section asking if I wanted to restore to factory defaults. I said yes and it rold me to do a power reboot which I did.. Then tried to login and there it was. Not sure why the software reset worked, when the button reset didn't,  but oh well. 

All is right with the world. 

Thanks for the response.