Question

SBG6900-AC Wifi Not Hitting Top Speed Paid For

• 23 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have very little technical know-how but can usually scrounge around the internet and the classic Youtube videos to learn about a topic. Currently I’m paying for 300 mbs, which after re-setting the modem and my cable provider “updating the Firmware,” I’m able to test and get 300 mbs with a cable connection. 

For my Wireless devices its different, as the maximum range I’m able to get is always around 60-70 mbs. I’m not sure what settings I need to play with or what to change in the modem settings, but this Surfboard gateway can get up to 1000 mbs Wi-Fi speeds. And it should hit the lower amount paid for with no problems. I’m unsure of what to do to gain this much in Wi-Fi speeds. 

Any help with troubleshooting would be appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since this happening on WIFI we would suggest you to try changing WIFI channels will avoid interference and that will give better speed and connection. If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. 
Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to change the signal level and After changing WIFI channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then we would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6900-AC-v1-5-x-Changing-the-Wireless-Channel