Solved

SBG7580-AC

• 26 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

So, I’ve had this Arris SBG7580-AC modem for years which was prior to the rollout and implementation of the McAfee Security firmware on this model.  However, Comcast pushed an firmware update to my modem which I felt was an intrusion.  Making a long story short working with Arris Executive Customer Support, Comcast and McAfee engineer’s all of the technical support persons did not know how to disable this McAfee Firmware.  Eventually, working together they came up with some coding to disable the functionality.  Just wanted to mention this.  

Now, moving forward many years I know this modem is discontinued.  Not being technically knowledgeable enough,  I’m wanting to know if this modem has the capability to support Xfinity’s higher speeds?  I don’t know if the higher speeds which are available for Wifi 6Ghz range.

Thanks for the response and knowledge.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 19 January 2024, 14:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

SBG7580AC has been removed from Arris support list. Arris supports only the retail products that are available on surfboard.com but not the ISP lease products. 

Badge

Yes, I know the SBG7580AC has been discontinued and no longer a supported product.  To refer to the comment made, this modem is not and has never been an ISP leased product. As I mentioned within this post I own this modem.  Is this Community Forum considered to be support forum or just a forum to ask questions to the community for answers and opinions? Anyway, if it’s too difficult for a Moderator or anyone with knowledge to provide a response whether this modem is capable being able to be use with the higher speeds being offered with Xfinity then i’ll put this topic to rest.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

To start with SBG7580 AC is a discontinued modem, we understand that you would want to know if the higher speeds offered by Xfinity are supported by this modem or not.

After checking the same, the SBG7580AC maximum speed this modem can provide will be ranging from 400 to 600 Mbps .