Solved

Unable to change the Wi-Fi password on

• 13 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I was trying to reconnect my Blink security system to my wifi after the electricity had to be turned off at the breaker for work on the house.

It kept saying "incorrect password" despite confirming it and typing it in correctly.

So I decided to try changing my wifi network password to try the blink again with new wifi credentials. But now when I go to change my password on Arris ..I type in the current then the new and I get an error "current password incorrect"

I can see in the app and on the physical modem itself that it is correct. All of our phones amd other devices are able to connect properly with the current password so that confirms that I have the correct password.

Why would Arris be saying"incorrect current password"  when i can see that it is indeed the correct current password.

(using the web gui because the app itself wasn't updating the password which I've noticed many other users had problems with)

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 16 January 2024, 19:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could please help us with your modem’s model number

Regarding this password error try factory resetting the modem that would bring the modem to the default settings, then you have to use the default Wi-Fi name and the password to connect the devices which is located underneath the modem on a label

When the modem is in the default state then you could try accessing the GUI page to change the password.