Solved

s33 2.5G Port not working? (Unifi UDMP)

• 31 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello - 

I recently purchased an S33 and have it configured as follows:

Spectrum -- S33 -- SFP+ -- Unifi Dream Machine Pro WAN port

The SFP+ is a 1-2.5-5-10G model from Ubiqiti.

This configuration works just fine when I plug into the 1G port of the S33.  However, when I plug it into the 2.5G port, I get….nothing...no LEDs light up on the Unifi port at all.  The LEDs on the back of the S22 are solid green and amber.  I have tried multiple cables (currently using 0.5m of class 6E), rebooting both the modem and the router, etc., but nothing seems to work.  

One other thing that might be relevant is that when it was originally provisioned it was done on the 1G port.  I called Spectrum, and they said that provisioning one port or the other wasn’t something that they did anyway.

So, the question is:  how do I “enable” the 2.5G port?

Thanks for your help!!

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 3 January 2024, 22:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

This is the situation , even though you have 2 Ethernet ports on the back of the modem , you will be able to connect one device at the time and the reason why its because the modem is getting just 1 valid IP address and If you want to use both ports at the same time you will need to contact your ISP and request a secondary IP Address

Badge

Yes, I understand that.  I only want to use 1 port at a time.

when I plug it into the 1G port, no problem.  

when I plug it into the 2.5G port, it doesn’t work.  

I am trying to determine why.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you factory reset the modem once and try to access the 2.5G port.

Also try with different ethernet cable.

Badge

I have performed several factory resets and I’ve tried three different jumper cables - two CAT6 and one CAT6E that I had laying around.  None of the actions made a difference.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since the behavior persists after factory reset, I suggest you to visit www.arris.com/consumersupport for more information if your modem is in warranty.

Warranty inquiries are handled by Consumer Support.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Got a different 2.5gig device you could test with? 
I’ve seen issues with certain spf adapters going 2.5g cable-->spf port/adapter.

Might be worth checking if its an issue of the S33 or the adapter using for your dream machine