Solved

s33 blinking green

• 2 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I just got it today. Talked to rcn registered the Mac it's still just blinking green 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 12 December 2023, 01:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

What light is blinking? 

Is RCN able to see it connected?

Badge

The front light it's the s33 it just keeps blinking green I called the ISP they said everything's good on their end so they're going to send a tech out of tomorrow but I keep thinking they're doing it on purpose so they can charge me

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

tends to indicate a line issue. 

General FAQs: S33: LED Light Status (salesforce-sites.com)

Badge

So what does my line after replaced or coaxial broken or something is it plugged in my old modem again there is some type of like adapter on my coax cable

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If the led light is blinking after activation, either the cables are not connected properly or the modem not activated properly.

Since the ISP confirmed the modem is activated at their end, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps given below:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/S33-Troubleshooting-Internet-Connection

Badge

No the ISP rcn are idiots didn't put any of the right numbers of the Mac address right 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I understand the situation. But Arris don't have access to activate the modem since they are the manufacturer.

Internet service provider are the one who providing signals to the modem. So they only having access to activate the modem.

I suggest you to contact the modem with ISP by providing HFC mac address.