Solved

S33 modem solid amber light then white light flashes while squeling and unable to reset

• 3 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi, this morning my modem appears to have broken. The Amber light stays on for a few seconds and then the white light flashes and this cycle repeats.

Its also making a high pitch squeak every few seconds. I’ve attempted to reset the router several times but nothing appears to happen.

This seems very similar another post on this forum but it’s marked as solved with no solution specified. Only instructions on how to access the web console. Which I’ve tried but have been unable to do so, the page never loads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 5 April 2024, 03:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

I’m in the exact same boat. You can’t do anything if you can’t connect to the admin interface.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Have you tried with different power outlet and power cord?

If yes, I suggest you to visit www.arris.com/consumersupport for further assistance.

I had the exact same thing happen this morning. Even holding in the rest button does nothing at all. Called support and someone from their tier 2 team is (allegedly) calling back “in the next few days”. 

Same issue today with mine. Randomly lost service, Xfinity app said expect it back in an hour. About an hour and a half goes by I check the app again, no WiFi yet, oh the app say my modem is not responding, unplug for ten seconds, plug back in. My s33 is solid orange light, I unplug, count to ten and plug it back in. High pitched noise, alternating long orange, short pale green. IP login gets you no where. Posts here say go chat with support. Support is very firm I unplay and asked I verify no bodily harm or property damage, please do not plug it back in! Seems either a fire risk or something, they insistent about six times to leave it unplugged and they would “escalate” my request. 

why is this happening this week to us? What happened? How long until I can get internet again, I shouldn’t have to go buy a new modem I have work to do and children to entertain.