Solved

S33 Replacement not working - Arris won't refund

• 24 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

So I had a S33 for a few months, then it stopped working. Arris sent a replacement.

The new one won’t connect at all. I worked with Xfinity for over an hour trying to get it connected and they told me there was a Docsis error on the modem. So I’m using a rented Xfinity modem now and it works perfectly.

I called Arris about just sending theirs back for a refund but I was told that was impossible since it was a replacement. They want to go through troubleshooting before they’ll even offer any recourse.

I am done with Arris I think. After going through two bad modems I just want a refund. Will they offer a refund if I go through troubleshooting with them and it still doesn’t work or will they just send an endless stream of replacements until my warranty runs out?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 6 February 2024, 16:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Pretty typical of companies to go through troubleshooting before offering a refund. And usually then it isn’t even a refund but a replacement. Might as well get your replacement and then just resell it. 

Or you can keep trying for the refund. Its possible but you’ll need to go through support

Badge +1

Yeah. I guess I’ll have to schedule another 1 ½ to 2 hours when no one is needing the internet to troubleshoot with them.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

It looks like your second replacement modem is not working and currently you're using the Xfinity modem as rental. 

For more information, on refund/replacement contact arris.com/consumersupport