Solved

Xfinity Gigabit Arris 33 Slow Internet Speeds

• 28 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

This has been a very frustrating experience. For several months I’ve had slow internet speeds and I’ve called both Arris and Comcast and both companies blame the other. I finally got a comcast tech to come out and he says that there is nothing wrong with the signal coming into my home. So now I am back to looking for support from Arris. This modem is less than 1 year old. I pay for 1.2 gigabits but I consistently less than 400. Comcast assures me the issue is related to my modem. I would appreciate any help in resolving the issue. From what I’ve been able to figure out, the Arris S33 is compatible with Xfinity up to 2gbs. Is my device faulty?  

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 2 December 2023, 21:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

S33 is compatible for your speed plan with Xfinity so basically slow speed, intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider. please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to check the cable signal level on the interface.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/S33-Cable-Signal-Levels