Solved

resetting SB6183 Modem

• 13 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello everyone, I am trying to reset my SB6183 Modem because my Mac has been hacked. I followed  the steps that were provided in the article, unfortunately no Factory Reset Button was there as described. Can anyone help me please?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 16 November 2023, 00:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Resetting your modem isn’t going to fix your hacked Mac. 

And are you talking hacked Mac IP address or the Mac computer? 

Maybe going over what actually happened can help more. Resetting the modem isn’t going to fix much of anything as it doesn’t manage much of anything 

Badge

Hello Plemans, thanks for replying. I am referring to my Mac Ventura computer. The problem started as the computer self-rebooted. After the reboot was completed, I realized that the browser page, where I was at the time of the reboot, was unchanged. From that day forward, I couldn’t unlock my computer, unless it was disconnected from the internet. I also encountered logging issues with Social Medias, where I was already logged, except that a code was needed to gain access to these accounts.  The hacker tried to change my passwords, but unsuccessfully. That’s how I knew that my Mac had been hacked. Although, the computer is directly connected to the modem, it shows that it’s connected to a router and when I right-click on Settings, I can tell that the hacker has used an iPhone to hack my Mac. I have re-installed the OS many times, with the expectation of regaining full control of the Mac, but all attempts were unsuccessful. The hacker even changed the name of the APFS - File - System - Base- Machine partition from Recovery in Disk Utility, making it more difficult to regain control of the Mac. I tried to change the name of that partition and attempted to resize it,  but all attempts were vain.What so you think I should do? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since the cable modem works only through direct connection, there is no possibility to hack the computer while connecting directly to the modem SB6183.

If there is any router connected with SB6183, I suggested you to contact your router manufacturer to check the network settings and for further assistance.

my internet supplier over phone technic support said  there were no problem their side but I need to have manufacturing reset on my modern Aaris Surgboard SB6183.  could you please help me on it? or give a phone number or where to reset my modern?

Yor help will be appreciated.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

@chni94598 instead of jumping on someone else’s thread, please start your own. To reset, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

When you start your own post, go over why you think you need to do so, what you’ve done, and what all you’re running into 

I’m trying to activate my modem