Solved

403 Forbidden

• 5 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

If I try to load the ARRIS SB6190 Web Manager Access page 192.168.100.1 I get "403 Forbidden" (tried multiple browsers). I’m assuming that when xfinity reprovisioned for internet access, it locked me out from looking at or making any changes to the modem’s configuration?

Does that sound right?

Currently, my ISP speeds are about 1% of what they had been (using the same modem) up until now (download 0.5Mbps vs 89.3Mbps). I am testing the speed with the modem connected directly to my PC (ethernet cable). I’m about to use the RESET button on the back of my SB6190 (which is what was recommended to me once before by ARRIS for an earlier Surfboard modem I was using that had a similar problem). After the reset, I plan to used the xfinity mobile app to  reprovision for internet access.

Does that also sound right?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by mark_wr 7 February 2023, 00:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

I haven’t run into the 403 Forbidden message before.  Are you trying to access specific screen in the UI? Or are you seeing the message when you try to get to the login screen?

Google search list these things users can do.

• Clearing browsing data 
  • Deactivate browser plugin
  • Disable PC firewall

I doubt Xfinity locks down the UI of your modem.

Badge

Ironically, an xfinity tech just came out and finished replacing their outdoor cable a few minutes ago, and I’m back to full internet speed now. I also just now tried 192.168.100.1 again after seeing your response, and this time I get the proper login screen. I assume that is because I had used the modem reset button since my post, so that likely fixed that issue.