Solved

New Surfboard SB6190, is it possible to disable any of the LED indicators?

• 10 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Very happy with my Arris SB6190 that I purchased from Amazon last week.  Called my ISP to add it to their system and speeds have been great.

I logged into 192.168.100.1 and checked Configuration.  I enabled the “Energy Efficient Ethernet” option which seems to be working fine.  I was also looking around online and saw there may be a way to disable the LED lights on the SB6190, but I do not see that option when I login to the device and check “Configuration”.

Is this a carrier or otherwise issue (if that’s fine it’s okay)?  Alternatively, is there a way for me to see this configuration option that seems hidden from me right now?

Product information page shows the following -

Standard Specification Compliant: ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem / Retail
Hardware Version: 3
Software Version: 9.1.93V

Again, everything is working fine and I am a happy customer.  I was just curious if there was a way to disable some of the LEDs.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Seth

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 29 September 2023, 23:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

On an SB8200, on the configuration page, there is a Front Panel Lights setting. I don’t know if that is provided on the SB6190.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

You do have option to turn off lights on SB6190 please follow the steps mentioned on the article below.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB6190-Turn-Off-the-LED-Lights